Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Visitors to my Garden



I have been suffering from allergies for the past week and just dragging myself through the day.  I am feeling better now and trying to catch up with everything I have been neglecting.  The little chap in the picture decided to keep me company while I worked in my garden.  He really is this strange green color.  A little chipmunk lives in my shed  and spent the afternoon zipping in and out of the shed and around the garden.  I pretended that I didn't notice him so he thought he was invisible and very clever. 
It is very common for people walking down the street to stop and visit with me while I work in the garden in the front of my home.  Last evening a lady with a little girl stopped to tell me how pretty my flowers are especially the bellflowers.  I asked her if she would like a clump since I needed to divide them away.  She eagerly said yes.  When I went to the shed to get a shove the little girl followed me and when she saw my backyard garden rushed in. She was fascinated with the pond and screamed excitedly when she saw the "baby frog".  She was as delighted as I was to see him.  She also noticed the chipmunk and because he didn't feel quite as invisible any more he went into hiding. Before they left I cut a rose and gave it to the little girl.  She was so pleased and said she was going to give it to her mother.  At that point the lady told me that the little girl's grandfather has just passed away so she was in town with her mother for the funeral.  Her mother was very sad and that is why it was so special to her to be able to give her mom something beautiful.
My garden seems so much more beautiful when I can share it with someone.

1 comment:

  1. Wow what a great story! Don't you feel sometimes that you're in particular place in time because you or someone else needs you to be? How wonderful that you were there for that little girl and her mom! And it really is a beautiful garden!

    ReplyDelete